Juicy Lucy Burger Ingredients
- Onion slices, for serving
- 8 slices bacon
- 3 pounds ground beef chuck
- Ketchup, for serving
- 2 tablespoons reserved bacon fat or oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
- Mustard, for serving
- 1 (8-ounce) block sharp Cheddar cheese
- 4 hamburger rolls, split
- Tomato slices, for serving
2. Bring your beef out onto a sheet of wax paper divide into 16 (3-ounce or generous 1/3 cup) piles. Press 1 pile into a 3 1/2-inch patty (using the cookie cutter as a guide) and top with some cheese, then put a second mound of beef on top, patting it onto other patty to enclose the cheese. Mold your Juicy Lucy Burger patty together to form a seal around the edges. Make 7 more burgers in the same fashion, then season the burgers generously with salt and pepper.
3. Heat the reserved bacon fat or oil in a large high-sided skillet over medium heat until hot. Cook the Juicy Lucy Burgers in 2 batches, covered, turning once, about 8 minutes for medium.
4. Place 2 burgers on the bottom portion of each bun and top with bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup, and mustard, if desired. Serve.