Happy Valentine’s Day! Hope you’re grillin’ up some lovin’ this evening.
Or the chicken.
Here’s a way to make a romantic meal of a burger, even though it’s not a beef burger.
halfbakedharvest.com posted about this beauty and it seems great for a different V Day dinner for two.
Ingredients for a Loving V Day Burger
Here’s what’s in it. For the instructions to put it all together, go to HalfBakedHarvest and read on.
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground chicken
- 3/4 whole panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo from a can, minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 4 thick slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 brioche burger buns, toasted
- 1-2 avocados mashed lightly with lime juice, 2T cilantro, pinch of salt + pepper
- , for serving (optional)
- Mexican Street Corn Frittes
- 1 jalapeno, seeded + minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt + pepper
- 1/2 cup milk (any % you prefer)
- 1 1/4 cups sweet yellow corn, about 2 ears
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4-6 ounces cotija cheese, crumbled
- canola oil, for frying